Google Chrome tips and tricks collectionsShare
Looks like Google Chrome was designed keeping Firefox in mind.Most of the shortcuts are same in both.So,the users have no difficulty in using shortcuts.We collected a lot of the tips and tricks for Google Chrome Browser. Enjoy! :)
Tips Tricks and Shortcuts
1. Opening The Last Tabs
Lets say you close a tab by mistake and you want to open it again. Fret not. Chrome remembers the last 10 tabs that you closed. Use this combination to open them up.
2. Opening a Particular Tab
Lets say you have multiple tabs open and you want to go straight to a specific tab. Most users would either use the mouse or in Firefox use the cntrl + tab to switch in a sequential order. But in Chrome you can actually jump to the specific tab.
Ctrl+1 through Ctrl+8
3. Opening Your Home Page
Lets say you want to navigate back to your home page. In stead of using your mouse to hit on home, you can use the following keypad compbination
Task manager for websites: Pressing Shift+Esc will open a task manager for websites where you can see how RAM is consumed by a particular website. You can close the tab directly from the task manager if a site is slowing down your browser.
Jump to a tab: If you don't like to use mouse then for jumping to a particular tab you would use Ctrl+Tab to see the tabs one by one, but in Google Chrome you can press Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2 or Ctrl+3 (up top 8) to open a particular tab.
Who is eating your RAM: Type "about:memory" in the address bar will open a list of all the browsers running on your system along with their memory consumption.
Additionally, Chrome ships with the Google Gears plug-in, which is used in some Google (and some non-Google) apps to deliver offline functionality for web pages and more. But don't expect Chrome to work much better, or even work at all, in all of Google services – take a look at the following screenshot from Google Groups, visited with Chrome:
If you go to the Omni bar (the address bar) and type in about:memory, you’ll get a browser tab that shows a summary of all the processes running in the browser… along with running a comparison with any other browsers you may be running at the same time. This will tell you how well it’s working on your system. There are several different shortcut easter eggs hidden in Chrome.
2) F5 Reload
3) CTRL+D bookmark
16. Control + J brings up your Downloads page.
17. To clear an item from your Downloads page, right-click an entry and select Remove.
18. Press Control + K or Control + E to search from the address bar. Once pressed, you'll see a ? symbol appear in the address bar and you can simply enter your search query and hit Return.
Open: C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
- chrome://browser/content/aboutDialog.xulOpens the About Firefox Dialog box inside the Firefox tab.
- chrome://browser/content/credits.xhtml A scrolling list of names.
very good article:
This may be just another coincidence but there are some elements that seem to be common between the logo designs of Google Chrome and that of ThinkFree.It’s not the official Thinkfree logo but is part of the installer that ships with the desktop version of Thinkfree Office 3.
Are you want to get Chrome From Firefox..??? please see this articles.
Download open-in-google-chrome.xpi on to your desktop and then drag it inside Firefox 3 much like what you did for Send to Google Docs.
Restart Firefox. Then go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Options and browse for the chrome.exe file on your Vista / XP / Windows 2000 machine.
This portable Google browser can run directly from the USB stick on any Windows computer and all user settings including web history, cookies, etc. will also get saved to the same folder on the stick.To download, go to Carsten’s site (English). Portable Chrome is tested on Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista SP1 machines.
Search Your Favorite Websites from the Address Bar
This is brilliant. If you visit a website that includes site search (for instance: search.eurekatips.com) - Chrome will automatically recognize and add that search engine for you so the next time you can perform a search on that site via the Chrome address bar itself.
My only hope and wish is that the User Interface is not a Google UI. As far as the Web is concerned, they’ve done a great job. However, they have fallen short with the UI in their applications. I have yet to try it myself, as I use OS X. However, I will be having Ponzi run this on her Windows machine, and get her feedback on it. Ponzi is very picky about things like her browser, so she’ll be brutally honest… good or bad.
If you faced “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005).Click on OK to terminate the application.” error with google chrome (chrome.exe) and you are using symantec, then you could try the following steps:
- Back up the registry on an affected system
- Open the registry on the Agent system by entering regedit from a run prompt
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SysPlant
- Open the Start DWORD
- Change the value to 4 to disable the drivers
- Reboot the system to commit the changes
Turn on “Show hidden files and folders” as sometimes a few files get hidden and can not be directly viewed.
After you turn that on, go to this location in your windows OS -
C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache
Mousing Around Chrome
Despite its marketing as a minimalistic browser that forgoes all the extras, Chrome's interface actually sports quite a few useful features. Here are a few that will speed up your browsing with the mouse even more:
- Click and hold (or right-click) the Back or Forward button to go directly to a page far behind or forward in your browsing history.
- When you've got a URL on your clipboard, right-click Chrome's address bar to Paste and go to your destination (and save yourself an extra tap on the Enter key).
- Click and drag any textarea corner to resize it to your liking; great for blog comments, web email, or forums with textareas that aren't big enough to accommodate your masterpiece.
- Ctrl+Mousewheel to zoom in or out of pages in Chrome.
- Drag and drop downloads out of Chrome's status bar and onto your desktop to save them there, or into any Explorer window to save them there. (You already know you can drag and drop a Chrome tab out into a new window, or back into an existing Chrome window to dock it there.)
- Download and install Privoxy.
- Click on the Wrench icon in Chrome in the upper right corner.
- Choose options>Under The Hood>Change proxy settings.
- In the Internet Properties dialog's Connections tab, click on the LAN settings button.
- Check off "Proxy settings" and in the address setting add 127.0.0.1 and in the port 8118.
- If you have the option, you can also check off "Bypass proxy for local settings".
- Click "OK," close Chrome and restart it. more inofs:
3. Go to the Minor Tweaks tab. In the Download location section, click the Browse button and locate the desired download directory. If you want to have more control over where each file is downloaded to, check the Ask where to save each file before downloading checkbox.
13.Google chrome and Stumbleupon
- theme block ads N use stumble-upon toolbar
14. How to put the Home Button in Google Chrome Toolbar?
15. How to Clear History Datas
16.How to install Grease Monkey Script in Chrome
17. How to Disable Auto Suggestions in Google Chrome Omnibox?
18. How to Download Google Chrome in Windows 2000?
You need to change the user-agent of the browser to download Google Chrome to Win 2K. On Firefox, go to about:config, create a new string entry general.useragent.override and set it to this Mozilla/5.0
Open your Chrome browser and using your mouse,right click on the address bar,this shows up various things like paste,paste and go and Edit search engine.
Dragging tabs out and back in again
It’s a little thing, but it warms my heart. You can drag a tab out of Chrome into a separate window, and you can drag a separate window back into tab bar, where it’ll be happily received by Chrome. Stuff like this turns geeks into converts, and Google’s dev team knows that.
2. The Task Manager will appear. Select the desired page that needs to be closed.
the settings, select Create application shortcuts item and this will open a pop up asking where to create shortcuts. For example, if you are creating a shortcut for Gmail, then the window displays information that shortcut is created for Gmail. You have the option to create shortcuts on desktop, start menu and Quick launch bar. Once you click OK, application shortcut for Gmail will be created in the locations selected.
24. Portable Edition of Google Chrome
Download here portable chrome [box.net or rapidshare]
25. How top Open All Your Favorite Sites at Chrome Startup?
26. Where Does Google Chrome Install Itself?
27. Save a Extra Click While Pasting URLs in Google Chrome
28. Chrome Look-alike: Firefox Theme ChromiFox & ChromiFox Adapted
29. How to import bookmarks/favorites, passwords, history and search engines from IE and Firefox to Google Chrome?
30. How to Browse Privately in Google Chrome?
31. 4 Free Proxies To Block Ads in Google Chrome (or any browser)
32. Google Chrome omni bar - What is it
33. Save a Extra Click While Pasting URLs in Google Chrome
34. How To Backup Profile Of Google Chrome Browser
35. Chrome for OS X: What we know
36. Fix for “Aw Snap” Error in Google Chrome
36. Google Chrome: Make the Bookmarks Bar Display as Icons Only
37. How to Open Links in Google Chrome From Firefox?
38. How to Change the Default Theme in Google Chrome?
39. How to Use Multiple Google Accounts in Google Chrome?
- 100% Love Movie Stills
- Punjab National Bank Recruitment 2011 - PNB Recruitment for Clerks
- Kerala Entrance 2011 - KEAM 2011 Admit Card - Kerala Entrance Admit Card 2011
- Fake World Cup Trophy Awarded to the Indian Team ? No!! says ICC
- Ugadi 2011 - Ugadi Wishes - Ugadi Greetings - Ugadi SMS - Ugadi Scraps - Ugadi Images
- Shakti Review - Sakthi Movie Review - Jr NTR Shakti Review - Shakti Telugu Movie Review
- Game Hindi Movie Review | Game Movie Review | Game Review | Game Movie Rating
- FALTU Movie Review | F.A.L.T.U Review | F.A.L.T.U Movie Rating | FALTU Hindi Movie Review
- Nanjupuram Review | Nanjupuram Movie Review | Nanjupuram Movie Rating | Nanjupuram Tamil Movie Review
- Ntr Shakti Review | Ntr Shakti Movie Review | NTR Shakthi Movie Rating | Ntr Shakti Telugu Movie Review